In Humanities, we research and analyse many aspects of human experience through history, linguistics and philosophy.
- Classics and Ancient History
- encompasses Latin and ancient Greek and Roman civilisations and the contributions they have made to the modern world.
- English and Cultural Studies
- works across a number of genres, historical periods and thematic areas, including medieval and renaissance studies, romantic and victorian literature, modernism, Australian literature, postcolonial studies and many others.
- European Languages and Studies
- examines the political, social and cultural aspects of contemporary Europe with a particular focus on French, German, and Italian languages.
- covers medieval and modern aspects of Australian, European, Asian, African and United States societies.
- includes theoretical research in linguistics and practical projects relating to the Pacific Islands and Aboriginal Australia.
- Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- covers pre-modern Europe and its modern afterlife.
- investigates the fundamental nature of reality, knowledge and values.